Saturday, March 21, 2009

Firaaq got a theatrical release on friday yesterday all over India.


Well, for the newbie readers here, 'Firaaq' is the directorial Debut of Actress and Social activist, Nandita Das. I heard her talk about her movie on TV yesterday .This is what i gather about the theme of the movie.
The film is an attempt to engage with the complexities of lives especially in the context of the Godhra riots.

I did write a blog entry about this previously . I had wanted for someone to release it for viewers in India. That is exactly what happenned yesterday. Numerous multiplexes in India released this movie on their screens for people to watch.yay ! Jumps around in glee ! We are bringing back the age of sensible indian cinema.
The sad part for me though is that , the very eager that i am to get to watch this movie, I am completely tied up in work till atleast the first week of april and I just hope that this movie still is running then. I would definitely post a review on here if I manage to watch this move in the theatre. I am gonna watch a bunch of classy Indian movies after april and post my reviews on here.That is a promise.
Speaking of which, They kept talking about GARAM HAVA during the course of the Interview. I am gonna try getting hold of Garam hava if i can .
Meanwhile, All you lovely people who have oodles of free time this weekend , do go and catch it .
Speaking of movies based on a senstive topic like 'riots', I wasn't even aware of this other movie called Amu (though i vaguely remember having heard about it during film festival coverage on tv) till ofcourse Goel commented on my older blog entry about firaaq and mentioned AMU. Amu is based on the 1984 riots. Do you know how many people left the country during those riots because they didn't feel safe in India anymore?
Now AMU is another movie that I have added to me MUST WATCH LIST.

1 comment:

  1. Big fan of Nandita Das. Will definitely get this movie.

    ReplyDelete

How to-1/ post a comment.2/return to the homepage.3/go to next blog post

To post a comment, Look for a tiny, 'post comment' or '__comment' link right below the blog post.Click on it.As soon as you click on it, a seperate window will open. You can type your comment in that new window.Please note that a new comments window will not be visible in the same page as the original blog entry.Thanks.

To return to the homepage, Look below each blog entry between 'Older blogs' and 'newer blogs'.There is a link called Home .Click on it and it will take you to the home page.Thanks

To go the next blog either click on 'newer blog' or 'older blog' located right below each blog entry .